The department was created with the foundation of Psychology and Social Assistance Faculties on September 1, 2000 in the interdepartmental Department of Psychology and Pedagogy. The Department is concerned about the training in the field of psychology, directed to clinical psychology and social legislation.
Psychology Department’s Head: Svetlana Rusnac, associate professor, doctor in psychology
The Department’s objectives:
- To develop and improve the curriculum in “ECTS” for Psychology specialty, its implementation;
- Promoting scientific research in the field in accordance with the theme “Issues of individual and human groups in the context of social change”;
- Ensure uniform teaching or scientific-investigational.
In accordance with these objects the department turned to the particular tasks which they accomplished by means of:
- Improvement in the curriculum content subjects, taught by teachers holding the Department;
- Fundamental scientific research activity in the direction of “Mechanisms and modalities of psychosocial and media impact on mass consciousness”, issue: Ways and methods of investigation and influence of social consciousness; topic: Problems of individual and human groups in the context of social change;
- To promote research in the Psychology sector of Social Research and Training Institute;
- Didactic and practical work in the University Center of Psychological Counseling and Psychotherapy with the participation of teachers and students of the previous years;
- International cooperation (Karmiel College, Israel; State University of Medicine, St. Petersburg, Russia; the “Al.I.Cuza” University, Iasi, Romania);
- Promotion of psychological counseling and psychotherapy through seminars, trainings, work-shops (Body’s psychotherapy, Short term psychology centred on the solution).